• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Back on the beach……

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Last night after almost 3 weeks without any form of fishing ?‍♂️
Things initially started slowly with no movement in the rod tip whatsoever.

Bicycle part Automotive lighting Gas Automotive tire Auto part

Eventually though a decent bite resulted in the first fish of the night, I did initially think it was one better fish until two Coalies appeared from the slight surf.
Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology Tail

I dropped the next cast in a little shorter and had literally sat the rod in the rest when the tip started bouncing! I thought it may have been silver but was in fact another Coalfish.
Fish Fin Road surface Seafood Scaled reptile

This was soon followed by another couple in successive casts.

Fin Fish Marine biology Underwater Tail

Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology Seafood

As the tide was beginning to drop the bites were coming thick and fast with another Coalfish and no6 for the night landed.
Fish Fin Rectangle Surface lure Knife

With thoughts of having to pack up also in mind with 1am fast approaching I couldn’t help but have one more cast which again produced another Coalie.

Water Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology

And that should have been it but with a couple of straggly bits of leftover worm I squeeeeezed another final cast in! ?

And ended the night with another Coalie and easily the smallest of the night.

Water Vertebrate Blue Fin Fish

Well done Kev, only once it happened to me I had about a dozen of them, good eating to.

A busy session there Kevin ?.

I'm beginning to think it might be time to pack in the lures for another year, and to join you in the dirty bait fishing camp for the winter ?.

Great report, and nice pics too. (y)

Ian.

Back