• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Highlands Back on the rocks.

Skaterboy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
We were up early this morning and were on the rocks at Staffin in time to see the sun rising over the Scottish mainland. There was a bit of a swell first thing which gradually died down as the day went on but I got a bit wet from the spray a couple of times. I was spinning deep and slow with frozen sandeels which are nearly always more successful than lures on this mark. The fishing was steady with regular fish but they were mainly small but with an occasional better fish to keep you on your toes. Some of the better fish were taking in the last few turns of the retrieve as I reeled in fast to clear the weed and rocks close in. Some of the takes were vicious just below the surface followed by a powerful crash dive and I could see some of the fish taking the sandeel. I ended the session with 19 pollack, some beautifully coloured, and a couple of coalfish. While I was fishing an otter came down over the rocks behind me and slipped into the sea and towards the end of the session a minke whale jumped clear of the water twice right in front of me and only about a hundred yards out. Hot sunny weather, plenty of fish and a couple of good wild life sightings. What more could you want?DSCN2324.JPGDSCN2338.JPGDSCN2347.JPGDSCN2337.JPGDSCN2348.JPG

Back