• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Bait pump

Veals do this 32mm one, but others swear by the Alveys, and 28mm seem to be popular these days.

Ian.

Veals do this 32mm one, but others swear by the Alveys, and 28mm seem to be popular these days.

Ian.

Thanks for reply. Will have a look

Yes have watched some, will most probably make one.

When I make mine, I use a nylon chopping board to make the top stopper that the shaft goes through and I use 8mm mild steel as the shaft and put a thread on each end with a tap/die set.
I use veg oil as a lubricant and that keeps the rust at bay on the mild steel.

When I make mine, I use a nylon chopping board to make the top stopper that the shaft goes through and I use 8mm mild steel as the shaft and put a thread on each end with a tap/die set.
I use veg oil as a lubricant and that keeps the rust at bay on the mild steel.
Okey dokey thanks for the advice

Ian.

2 sets of springs and i reckon that pump would be fooked
ok for occasional use, but doubt its got the bollox for more than that
looks flimsy

hunt round for the alvey long slim, as long as you are over 5ft6, cant go wrong with em
if you are a short arse, go for the short slim

2 sets of springs and i reckon that pump would be fooked
ok for occasional use, but doubt its got the bollox for more than that
looks flimsy

hunt round for the alvey long slim, as long as you are over 5ft6, cant go wrong with em
if you are a short arse, go for the short slim
I'm defo a short arse!! 5"4😁

I've worn down a couple of Alvey Long Slims. They're good if you can find one, but the JCSutch is honestly in a different league. Proper fabrication of proper components that one man makes with pride. Yes they are £90 and weigh a bit more but they are made right here in good ol' blighty and built to last

I have got two, feck knows why as I have not had great success with either of them. 😂 Wrong kind of sand obviously.
Can't remember where the first one came from but the second is a DS bait pump. If you Google ds bait pump plenty of links, options of length and diameter.

I have a 22mm stainless pump, bought it from a guy who makes to order. Could send you a link if you want? Think it was £60,
Either long or short versions. I haven’t bought worms for years!
Some say the copper pumps get more suction but who knows.
You don’t need to get a large diameter pump and suck up half the beach each time either as once you get the knack of getting the pump to intersect the worm tube you’ll get a worm a pump.

I have a 22mm stainless pump, bought it from a guy who makes to order. Could send you a link if you want? Think it was £60,
Either long or short versions. I haven’t bought worms for years!
Some say the copper pumps get more suction but who knows.
You don’t need to get a large diameter pump and suck up half the beach each time either as once you get the knack of getting the pump to intersect the worm tube you’ll get a worm a pump.
Thanks for the offer, have ordered one on flea bay £39, 28mm.

As I cannot dig worm's anymore, I am thinking of getting a bait pump. Any idea which one? Any advice gratefully received
think there a place Fleetwood tackle something like that , around 30 mm i have the avery one long slim and when set up they pump well i can do 150 when most people walk away , normal times on beach 300= 500 length depends on weather you going in at angle or not i am 5=10 long slim is ok for me to many people buy to short pumps just remember the pump is going in the sand 6=8 inches and you do not want to be pumping bent over , most shop washer are crap so make my own ,silicone ha6 is what i use

Back