• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Ballan PB

bananas

Reaction score
Well after a hectic week of Driving to Brighton for a hour and half, to drop the lad off at uni, fixing leaks at the mothering laws and having my cousins down and going out with them, I finally went fishing, was suppose to go to the breakwater Friday but a dodgy washing machine and waiting for the guys to come fix it, who didn't turn up, put paid to that, so Saturday I went down the South Hams to try for a Bream again.
Started at 3.30pm and was dire for the first few hours, I kept moving up and along the beach as the tide made, till I was in the spot the Wrasse came form last time I fished here. Finally a bite and a Corkwing came in followed by a double shot, great not going to blank. they was quickly followed by a few Ballans in the pound and half range. Then a Dogfish took the tiny baits to join the mix, for hour and a half it felt like almost a fish a chuck, at six o'clock, I had a small rattle and the reel pulled a bit, struck in to it, felt the same as the other Ballans I had been getting, then on the way in it took off! Crap this aint a small one!! a nice fight ensued till I got him in the surf and managed to ride him on a wave up the beach, "feck would you look at the size of him", a lovely looking Ballan, a very fat lovely looking Ballan, a quick pic and weigh, "oh double feck" he went just over 5lb,a monster PB for me.
IMG_20210925_175507.jpg
The pic doesn't do him justice at all, he was bloody heavy and wriggly when I put him back, my arms was shaking after that. Was back to some smaller wrasse and odd Dogfish till the sun went done and the tiny Pouting came out to feed, did get a surprise Coalfish as a bonus and a new one for this hunt.
Had 25 fish over the session, still no bream but the Ballan and Coalfish made up for the lack of them.

Wot a sesh shame you didn’t get a pic of you holding the fish saw a 4 lber the other day and that was moosive well done B top man ???

shame you didn’t get a pic of you holding the fish
Was on me todd and after the fight in wanted to get the chap back in the water quick as I could, ready to come out another day :unsure: :unsure: .

getting a little obsessed with the things!
I didnt really want that many, but as soon as one over a pound came out, it was, well may be another and another lolol, glad I stayed on them in the end.

Great report & photos 'Nanas - lovely Wrasse and well done on the PB! ??

Welldone mate!!!! Cracking fish!!!! Wish I could still get on the big wrasse marks!!!!

Back