• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Been a long day

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Got up at 04.30 and met up with my brother at crimdon beach at 05.30 low water at 08.00 from what we could see it was unfishable the sea was rough and I mean rough. My brother then decide he was going home and back to bed wimp. I decided to head to Middleton pier fished from 6am till 8am I had a whiting and a dab out and headed home myself sun rise off the peir IMG20220130074444.jpg At 11.30 decided to head for Hendon prom got there at 12 fished till 5pm had two codling out around a pound they went back the conditions at high water at the prom were perfect IMG20220130121938.jpgIMG20220130121917.jpgIMG20220130124501.jpgIMG20220130124440.jpgbut the fish mustn't of known that. Didn't take any pics of the fish we all know what they look like. But it was good to be out on the hunt, I'm now sat in the house chilling having a can of cafferys and watching the darts I think I deserve it after today.

Fishing out of your car and catching codling sounds like a dream to me on the south coast. Well done for sticking it out mate and changing venues.

Well done on catching and the great pics, always like that pic of fishing out the back of the car(y)(y), I take it a heftier wave would be over the top and swap the motors or is it a lot higher up there

Got up at 04.30 and met up with my brother at crimdon beach at 05.30 low water at 08.00 from what we could see it was unfishable the sea was rough and I mean rough. My brother then decide he was going home and back to bed wimp. I decided to head to Middleton pier fished from 6am till 8am I had a whiting and a dab out and headed home myself sun rise off the peir View attachment 22165 At 11.30 decided to head for Hendon prom got there at 12 fished till 5pm had two codling out around a pound they went back the conditions at high water at the prom were perfect View attachment 22166View attachment 22167View attachment 22168View attachment 22169but the fish mustn't of known that. Didn't take any pics of the fish we all know what they look like. But it was good to be out on the hunt, I'm now sat in the house chilling having a can of cafferys and watching the darts I think I deserve it after today.
Great report Stevie the pictures of Hendon take me back many years though I can't recall blue sky's and sun ??

Well done on catching and the great pics, always like that pic of fishing out the back of the car(y)(y), I take it a heftier wave would be over the top and swap the motors or is it a lot higher up there
It is quite high on the prom and it got block sea defense in front of it but not much. It does however throw the odd stone at you when it's really heavy has been known to knock a few car windows out.

Got up at 04.30 and met up with my brother at crimdon beach at 05.30 low water at 08.00 from what we could see it was unfishable the sea was rough and I mean rough. My brother then decide he was going home and back to bed wimp. I decided to head to Middleton pier fished from 6am till 8am I had a whiting and a dab out and headed home myself sun rise off the peir View attachment 22165 At 11.30 decided to head for Hendon prom got there at 12 fished till 5pm had two codling out around a pound they went back the conditions at high water at the prom were perfect View attachment 22166View attachment 22167View attachment 22168View attachment 22169but the fish mustn't of known that. Didn't take any pics of the fish we all know what they look like. But it was good to be out on the hunt, I'm now sat in the house chilling having a can of cafferys and watching the darts I think I deserve it after today.
Darn right you deserve it Stevie! Great report and nice photos mate! ?? I was up just before 4.30, had a pee and went back to bed! ??

Back