• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Been a while

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I haven't been out for the last week or so but decided to give it a go tonight. Off I went at 9.30 pm low water was at 11.45 1.1m tide big enough to get on the sand bar at Crimdon. I hadn't done my home work and scanned the beach for holes and gullies yesterday as I didn't finish work till 3pm. After my brother told me he had a decent codling the night before 6 lb 8 oz I was looking forward to this session. Got to where I wanted to be and there wasn't a soul in sight had the beach to myself.IMG20211222225423.jpg I was only going to use frozen bait but took a couple of fresh yellow tails as back up first cast frozen blacks tipped with squid after half an hour nothing changed to cart wrapped in squid still nothing this went on trying different baits and cocktails till after the tide turned trying mussel cart squid and blacks. Time for the yellow tails to do heir magic and save a blank and they did nowt to shout about a flounder IMG20211223003421.jpgnot as big as the last one I had but a fish, wahoo I didn't blank. I packed up at 1.15 am as the tide was starting to come around the back of the sand bar but overall a nice night to be out light winds but bloody cold, Peacock hand warmers are a god send. I'm back out tomorrow night same beach but I'll be going down for a look later and decide which bit I'll be fishing. I've a tenners worth of lug ordered for it.
I'm keeping the yellow tails for a comp on the 27th. Off to bed now????.

Attachments

• IMG20211223003407.jpg
    IMG20211223003407.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
Back