• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Been a while

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As the title says it's been a while.
I've given up on the bass fishing for the moment I still didn't get one on the lures ☹️ so it's back to bait fishing on the beaches.
I've been struggling with my knees so it's been painful but enjoyable today easy access venues only.
Me and my mate Dan headed to Hendon prom today at 12 pm high water 14.30.
It's was packed there was two club comps on. With the sea dropping off after the carnage it caused it was massive, the last few days I was expecting cod all-over but it wasn't to be we both had whiting after whiting no pics we've all seen them before. Oh I managed to catch a haddock just under size so it went back my first ever off the beach. I've had them on the boat before.
We left at 16.30 and decided to head to crimdon at 7pm. The sea was perfect, but full of weed in the gullies where we started, so we moved 300 yards to the right in the middle of it and it payed off no weed, I started picking whiting up again☹️, Dan on the other hand went two better and pulled these out IMG20231126213514.jpgBoth tipped my scales at 2lb 9oz.
Then the tide turned and pushed us off the sand bank. So I set off home, work tomorrowIMG20231126213544.jpgDan with his codlings. Hopefully I'll be out again next week 😁 weather permitting and my knees allowing me. Till then have fun you lot and tight lines 👍.

Nice little report mate, some nice Codling too. Great pics. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report & photos Stevie. Glad you got out, with a mate for company. 🎣🎣👍👍

Might have to be both in order to track down some fish..
Most of them couldn't catch a cold unless you drive, then expect a letter in the post.

Back