• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Big tides best for flatties

Well, sat here chilling with a rum and coke and a lie in bed tomorrow as the misses is in work. Headed of to the beach with my mate Nick to get there just before low and fishing it till an hour or so after high. Lovely flat calm conditions and some nice blacks and rag. Things were looking good. Sole being the main target., I just love fishing for them , oh and eating them. Low water and first cast it was a double hit on 1 rod and then a single on the other. 3 sole already, what a start! Next cast a dog and ting, oh well and it was reasonably quiet for an hour or so with one more sole and a ting and pout. Then over the next several hours the fishing was probably the best I’ve experienced on the beach for a long time. Even on the last cast I had a plaice and flounder so they were still on the feed. In total I had 18 flatties, 10 soles for 9lb, best 44cm, 6 plaice, small between 26-30cm and 2 flounders. 12 decent size whiting, a great change futon the usually skinny undersized ting of recent years. 4 doggies and only 2 tiny ting and 2 tiny pout and a small strap. My mate didn’t have so many flatties but had a couple of decent keeper bass, whiting and a very early rockling!

Such a shame strong westerly tomorrow otherwise I’d be straight back down the beach. Certainly seems big tides rule OK?. View attachment 17507View attachment 17506View attachment 17507View attachment 17503View attachment 17504View attachment 17507
doesn't get much better than that!!! Brilliant!!!

Back