• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Billy, on Drag!

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore

I like Billy and his videos having watched a few since you put us on to him Trampster? but I've got to say this is not the way I set up - I adjust drag according to the weakest part of the set up ie line/leader/trace knot strength not lure size! Unless your fishing very light/fine wire hooks that may bend/rip out.....in which case I'd ask Why? Is it absolutely necessary? Can you not uprate the hook somewhat?
On this point I'd say that striking hard over head (and I've witnessed some truly wild strikers?) doesn't make much sense with lures, better to wind hard whilst leaning into a side strike more often than not

I like Billy and his videos having watched a few since you put us on to him Trampster? but I've got to say this is not the way I set up - I adjust drag according to the weakest part of the set up ie line/leader/trace knot strength not lure size! Unless your fishing very light/fine wire hooks that may bend/rip out.....in which case I'd ask Why? Is it absolutely necessary? Can you not uprate the hook somewhat?
On this point I'd say that striking hard over head (and I've witnessed some truly wild strikers?) doesn't make much sense with lures, better to wind hard whilst leaning into a side strike more often than not
Don't ruin it for him ....Billy's his hero .
Sorry tramps ?

Don't ruin it for him ....Billy's his hero .
Sorry tramps ?
Haha! Hero he ain't, but I do like the whole package he puts out, with a good dose of Irish humour thrown in!

Thought it was you in Drag! Thought whatever Next!
The only 'Drag' you'll ever see me connected with involves a big V8, Methanol, & around 2000HP!

A day at Santa Pod should be on everybody's bucket list! ??

1663505870037.png

The only 'Drag' you'll ever see me connected with involves a big V8, Methanol, & around 2000HP!

A day at Santa Pod should be on everybody's bucket list! ??

View attachment 32753
Lol 50's your limit in Jeepy! Santa pod boring just short straight line! Rally/Rally cross is what it's all about

Back