• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Breakwater

bananas

Reaction score
After have a few short LRF trips using isome just to see how long I could fish for, I flashed some cash and bought some Rag, then popped along to the breakwater to see what I could tempt. Well it was slightly better than using the plastic bait, a black and rock goby, couple goldsinny and a few pout, kept me busy for a couple of hours, surprisingly when it was dark all the bites and fish dried up, was expecting a pout fest with the odd whiting thrown in, but nope.
Managed to walk from the jetty back to the car with out hardly puffing at all which was a bonus, what was odd was its Friday night, the sea was behaving, a nice tide and not a person along any of breakwater fishing, hmm what did they know!!

Great that you've been able to get out with some proper Worm 'Nanas! I hope your recovery continues to progress swiftly! (y)(y):):)

How did you get on there, yep can be a great place to fish and a tackle grave yard when it wants to be!
Bit of a mixed day tbh. We had bigger wrasse in mind so worked our way along the rocks beyonf Fishcombe. Got a decent couple each (around 2lb), loads of corkwing, some mackerel. One of the guys got a good pollock that dived and smashed him up when i was trying to get the net for him. There were some good gar swimming about too.
I was hoping for a rockcook (had 2 there) but it wasnt to be.
He'll probably use the footage for a video at some point ?

Back