• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Burnham Saturday

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Headed to Burnham Saturday evening, very warm but with a nice nw breeze. Decided to do the last hour of daylight into darkness. First hour passed with only one very decent bite, which I'm convinced was a good sole, eventually dropped me slack but on winding in found the worm was just hanging off the hook point by the head, the sneaky devil! It had obviously been right down the fishes throat as well. Once the light had gone, I had a strong pull down which resulted in a nice double eel, great fun on light gear which are just stepped up carp rods. Just as I was thinking of packing up the rod arched over and I had trouble getting the rod out of the rest, after another great scrap a prime bass of bang on 5lb led on the sand. My nephew quickly got in on the act with a 3lb8oz bass of his own, his first one so he was made up. All in all a decent few hours, not amazing, but a few fish on a hot day and less than ideal tides. 161706.jpg

Well done Squiddy & nephew - couple of nice Bass there! ????

Back