• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Camel Estuary

The Third Earl

Reaction score
A couple of hours tonight . Fishing from a harbour wall .Would have preferred Bass but instead managed 3 Scad and bumped off a couple of other fish , probably scad again, all to floatfished sandeel. Endgear was a home made sliding float with integral light, fished under depth as tide rose, 2 ft of 12 lb flouro trace , size 2 aberdeen hook and a bit if luck .

I have had Bass to 7lb and countless others of all sizes there on above gear from same location , so know it works , just need the fish to co operate. ?

Dave

Well done mate, sounds like an awesome night.

Float fishing is such fun, but do many people do it here , on the sea that is , apart from mullet

Dave, you caught. That's the main thing. Wifey likes that neck of the woods but whenever we visit I never have gear with me. Too busy stuffing pasties in the harbour. Mukiwa, I did a bit in the Fal a month or so ago. Tis great fun. Plan to do a lot more when we get back down there. Keep the SW reports coming folks.

Thanks for the report :)
Silly question, but was you using live or dead sandeel?

A couple of hours tonight . Fishing from a harbour wall .Would have preferred Bass but instead managed 3 Scad and bumped off a couple of other fish , probably scad again, all to floatfished sandeel. Endgear was a home made sliding float with integral light, fished under depth as tide rose, 2 ft of 12 lb flouro trace , size 2 aberdeen hook and a bit if luck .

I have had Bass to 7lb and countless others of all sizes there on above gear from same location , so know it works , just need the fish to co operate. ?

Dave
Hi Dave

Hi Neil,

Via is around somewhere I think.

Left Padsta at 8.30 am, arrived home at 2.30 pm, after being sat in contraflows on the M5 and M6 for ages. At least it didnt rain.

Dave
Yes we left Penrose at 0900. Nice uninterrupted run past exeter to cartgate services a303 then onto stonehenge no probs. Stopped on m3 fleet services. But then approaching the m25 got various traffic warnings and then crawled stop start past Heathrow all the way round to junction 29.
7 hours with about 45 mins worth of stops for dogs and toilets .
That m25 is a car park... Horrendous.

Back