• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Carp

fishing hobbit

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Went to local lakes Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday Very slow start sat there for 3hrs before first bite lovely scaled mirror of 8oz, ten minutes later a good take rod bent well over,
A lovely common of 6lbs, HR later another one of 8lbs ten minutes later a small common of 12oz went quite for couple hrs then another mirror of 10lb ended up with 8 carp. Try to load pic's.IMG_20230409_105935_572.jpgIMG_20230408_142246_087.jpgIMG_20230408_153832_013.jpg

Nice report & photos Mr Hobbit! Freshwater fishing ain't my thing, but all credit to you! 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice report & photos Mr Hobbit! Freshwater fishing ain't my thing, but all credit to you! 🎣🎣👍👍
Thanks. Was brought up on the river great ouse, dad's boat cockling and shrimping butt dragging. So love my sea fishing, got a sixteen ft Alaska go out of brancaster. I do like fresh water fishing mainly rivers and drains, lakes are 5mins away, easy to go for a session.

Went to local lakes Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday Very slow start sat there for 3hrs before first bite lovely scaled mirror of 8oz, ten minutes later a good take rod bent well over,
A lovely common of 6lbs, HR later another one of 8lbs ten minutes later a small common of 12oz went quite for couple hrs then another mirror of 10lb ended up with 8 carp. Try to load pic's.View attachment 42767View attachment 42768View attachment 42770
Nice report and pictures, nice fishing. Great tactic the method feeder on commercial waters (y)

Never used it myself , how long would you leave it before refilling it?
As fishing hobbit has said around 5 mins depending on what the stock of fish is, if there are alot of small silvers in the venue then they will wipe your bait out very quickly leaving your larger hook bait sat on its own so regular casting would be wise in that situation to keep the swim built up with bait.

Back