• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales CEFN SIDAN - TWICE

VooDooMan 2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
The session on Friday started off fine . Some quality lug worm provided by Jack & Darren was the bait of choice and produced two small bass for us on our first casts .Then it was disaster after disaster . My new fishing buddy lost his weight on the next cast , not clipped on properly. Then he discovered a major problem with his new reel and whilst we were stripping it down the front spool drag tension piece got lost in the water :eek: Decided to pack up early and headed back to my house to sort out a reel for him . Transferred his braid and backing onto an old Penn fixed spool . Plenty of worms left so we went again on Saturday evening . Pleased to say , the spare reel worked out , and he learnt from his mistakes , apart from a dodgy knot on one of his own made rigs meant he lost another weight along with a complete two hook rig. Had a couple of heavy rain showers , but he certainly showed me how to catch fish as he was getting plenty of bites which resulted in about 6 small bass in total for him whilst I had one decent bite all evening which failed to produce .A small tide and off shore wind meant hardly any surf and a very slow rising tide . Easy conditions for a novice on his first ever sessions in the dark but not particularly productive
However we both enjoyed and are now planning a trip down west to chase some whiting and maybe a codling .

Well done to both of you for persisting in your session, that is tough when equipment fails, but at least blanks and caring on regardless.

Not easy fishing in the dark if you're new to it.
Well done for sticking at it. And a few fish to show for your efforts is just rewards. (y)

Back