• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Century Travel Rod 3-6oz

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Do Century sell a 3/4 section travel rod that casts up to 6oz?

They do what they call a CQ (close quarter) rod, three piece 9' rod, but it's really a carp rod, so not what you are looking for. Apart from this, it's a no they don't Beach..

Ian.

I know they have been asked to remake the Zziplex GB3 series Beach. I have a GB3 Lite that imo ticks all the boxes for a long 3pce UK style shore rod (the standard GB3 is a very powerful rod that I think was designed for travelling anglers heading to the likes of Namibia etc). Still early days for the new incarnation of Zziplex obviously, and as yet its unknown as to what they'll remake and when, but you can bet that there are folk clamouring to get reincarnations of their favourite blanks rolled. I know I am! Chris Kennedy will perhaps know more....

Trampster it sounds like your reels bail assembly is missing a shim? That or the roller bearing has ceased? I'll happily have a look at it for you, I might just be able to recommission it. No charge to you mate. Drop me a PM if it's of interest

I know they have been asked to remake the Zziplex GB3 series Beach. I have a GB3 Lite that imo ticks all the boxes for a long 3pce UK style shore rod (the standard GB3 is a very powerful rod that I think was designed for travelling anglers heading to the likes of Namibia etc). Still early days for the new incarnation of Zziplex obviously, and as yet its unknown as to what they'll remake and when, but you can bet that there are folk clamouring to get reincarnations of their favourite blanks rolled. I know I am! Chris Kennedy will perhaps know more....

Trampster it sounds like your reels bail assembly is missing a shim? That or the roller bearing has ceased? I'll happily have a look at it for you, I might just be able to recommission it. No charge to you mate. Drop me a PM if it's of interest
Thanks for the kind offer Topwater - I'll give it another look and give you a shout. Might not be soon - I've got to find which box I hid it in first!
It never actually came completely apart, so I don't think there's anything missing. Also don't think there is any Bearings in it!
I did have a look at it myself, but it was a few years ago, and since Grauvell went bust, I didn't hold out any hope of getting any spares or anything done about it.

I was going to ask Quentin Millman here [http://www.fishingreelrepairs.co.uk/] to have a look at it, but since he closed his industrial unit, he's working from home, and even though he's only a few miles away, he won't accept any visitors!

I'm not in a rush to get it fixed, as @Tatunka joe kindly donated a Penn Surfblaster to me.

Im guessing Century could make any of the Zzipplex range they have materials and mandrels for. But im guessing they will need enough demand for a production run of "X" amount of rods to make it worth switching from production of more popular models. Chris may indeed be able to give a more accurate picture of Century's intentions going forward.

Back