• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast chesil. 8.10.21

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
trip 12. chesil. abbotsbury. 8.10.21

really wanted to fish wednesday but commitments got in way so couldnt hit the beach till well after the storm had pased.
fished about 16.30-0500. dragons teeth.

high tide seemed to be about 2300 , wind was light & variable between about southerly and easterly. swell was slight no more than a meter at most, water was still nicely coloured.

bait;- squid/cuttle/ black lug/ herring.

rigs two hooks clipped / up and overs.

nice big tides and no moon ,have been itching all year to fish these conditions especially after a storm. being a friday beach was busy overnight, a few wandered off around midnight , but there was a steady stream of lights tramping along the beach by 05/06 sat morning.

20211008_163216[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

i slotted into a likely gap just short of the teeth as felt too shagged to walk to the end of the line on the far side. havnt fished here for at least a year, maybe two . first casts went out with an up n over pully on one , and two clipped down 1/0 circles on t'other. rucsed around in my bivvy and popped a stella b4 noticing a slack line , a decent weight was felt & i hoped for a first cast unicorn.

but nope, my two rigs had tied together with a ting on each. my luggie seemed a bit big for to 1/0's so the clipped rigg got swopped for one with 5/0 circles which still nailed the tings.

flood,- tings till dark , sporadic , in small shoals. after dark'- eels, best went 6lb 10oz in the bag . high water, token dogfish about midnight. ebb, not much of anything just random eel or two lost a fairly heavy one that spun off the hook. flood, caught another ting as i was leaving.
20211008_164456[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr
20211008_191114[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Nice one Geejayy - any size to any of the whiting?
You’ll get your Unicorn I’m sure. ?

pan sized if your not fussy , about 10-12 inch, what dad used to call channels.

Well done on the fish you had, shame the Cod didn't show yet for you, next time I bet mate(y)(y)

Back