• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Chesil...... hard work.

chesilpete

Reaction score
A few of us had a go at West Chesil last Saturday, conditions were pretty good bait was epic fishing was poor!.
The whiting have now moved into West Chesil which was evident from a couple of triple shots and a general trcikle of the little effers all day a few decent ones amongst them.
There were odd decent fish along the central stretch including a couple of cod one about 6 one about 8.5 and Jase found an undie and a plaice.
We put in a lot of rod hours it was basically 12 rods for 12 hours which is 144 rod hours for nothing special and I cannot remember such an unproductive group session on Chesil in October so generally pretty dissapointing.
Its odd we have had a few really good sessions then on similar conditions have struggled lately I reckon it needs a really good stir up!.
Interesting to see online that a a couple of guys had an epic session on the rays down east....... maybe thats the plan lets go and see if we can do half as well as those guys!.
It was a great day out and to see old mates on the shingle in the sunshine is never a bad way to spend a Saturday but a few fish would not have gone amiss!.

Wow Pete, that is hard times on the beach, tight lines when you adventure east.

I believe the whiting has come in the Solent too, Ho hum

Just being on the beach with the boys was enough for me even though good fish came out either side of me lol till the next time bud

Done 17 hrs on chesil Friday similar results crap at the camp bit better at coggers but for this time of year pretty poor nice coddies tho mate ?

Great day out on the shingle with mates and a few fish - whats not to like!

Back