• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Circle hooks

Think you was still in your dads bag when i started using modern rigs
Neigh L'ad just time i saw your kit was using the Starback still.Hooks medda yah ma's curtain hooks!.Weights medda outta bunch a spark plugs tied taggeta with ole mans boot laces!.and Ma's washing line for line!
Now you come out with a rig that looks like an escapee from Christmas Tree! What ever next?:oops:
:ROFLMAO:

I thought circles were invented in 2000
Circle hooks have been around a lot longer than that. Back in the 60's and 70's a lot of commercial longliners were using circle hooks and I was shown some single hook pike livebait rigs by a top angler back in the mid 80's.

I also have a coarse fishing book that was published in 1972 that shows a page of all different types and shapes of hooks, including a circle hook. I couldn't say when they were first invented, but I think they have become more popular with sea anglers in recent years.

I tried them along with a couple of mates in fuerteventura back in November. We had a few nice fish between us on inline circles. ..think most proper runs were landed fish.
We did however get a number of deep hooked fish, so they don't eliminate this totally.
Had some arrive the other day for our next adventure 😀PXL_20221221_125710100_cm4zXMgn5y.jpeg

I tried them along with a couple of mates in fuerteventura back in November. We had a few nice fish between us on inline circles. ..think most proper runs were landed fish.
We did however get a number of deep hooked fish, so they don't eliminate this totally.
Had some arrive the other day for our next adventure 😀View attachment 38287
That ain't a Circle hook, it's a feckin Gaff. 🤣

Ian.

Think this was a 10/0 against a 12/0.....not sure what happened....or maybe an 8/0......but still a crazy jump in size!PXL_20221221_125622303~2.jpg

Back