• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Clip link with bait holder?

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Genie ones, couldn't get them through they eye of the gripper leads I have, is it just me being a muppet?

There are several " Genie" lead clips with bait clips built in, which ones do you mean ? I have not had any problems with any of them myself.

Dave

There are several " Genie" lead clips with bait clips built in, which ones do you mean ? I have not had any problems with any of them myself.

Dave
They are in the shed, I will have a look later and let you know, unless I can find a link.

I think it was these ones.

Genie ones, couldn't get them through they eye of the gripper leads I have, is it just me being a muppet?

Yep, it's just you being a muppet. :D :D

Just thread the end of the open clip through the eye of the weight and then twist the weight around and down through the closed up bit of the clip.

I will have to give them a try in the shed as I couldn't get them through the gripper eye. Big old loop on a plain bomb no problem.

Managed to get into the shed today and try again with the clips. Yep, my own muppetry but I have found that the leads have to be presented horizontally or they don't go on.

Back