• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden, new spot.

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Cracking conditions nice tide, decided to try a new spot. Plaice on each rod first few casts, but not many bites. As the light went added a few sole and a red mullet. All in all a bit disappointing after the last few sessions. Final tally was 6 plaice, 3 sole, red mullet and a few tiny pout. Nothing of any quality though. Back to the regular spot next time... IMG_20220827_140727.jpg

Great result again..... I think we all have our favourite pitches down there. I am looking forwards to some low light conditions.
Not sure where you fishing but a general observation is if your fishing into darkness then the further west you go the more nuisance fish there are.... its a long time since I have seen Chesil almost fish in zones.
No plaice down east, no cod down west.... no nuisance fish down east at night and a plague down west an hour into darkness.
I would love to see a blow come through and a bit of low pressure, the weed will be horrendous but it would be great to shuffle the pack.

Cracking conditions nice tide, decided to try a new spot. Plaice on each rod first few casts, but not many bites. As the light went added a few sole and a red mullet. All in all a bit disappointing after the last few sessions. Final tally was 6 plaice, 3 sole, red mullet and a few tiny pout. Nothing of any quality though. Back to the regular spot next time... View attachment 31513
Well done mate can’t beat a few flats

Was there last night and much the same result that was walking along the path and through the gate and a little walk back west . Plaice gurnard and a couple of slippers. All at range but there’s a lot of weed out there waiting for a big blow almost thought I had driven up to the solent by mistake at one point ?

Nice report & photo Squiddy! 9 Flats plus a Red Mullet sounds like a good session. ????

@Grimleyfiendish has started a thread about Penn Tidal rods - perhaps see if you can advise!

Back