• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cracking day?

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I left the land of Prince bishops this morning at 6.30 and arrived in the land of the monkey hangers at 6.40 and we were off at 6.45. it's was already warm at that time and things just got hotter as the day went on. Half way down to skinningrove and we stopped to have a go at getting some mackerel for bait we got nothing I kept the feathers on for about an hour once we got to skinny and managed to get 3 where the feck are they ?. Anyway I set up with baited day lights and a 10 Oz pirk and steadily started picking codling up around 1 1/2 - 2 lb all returned I wanted bigger ones. One of the lads has got himself the same rod as me, an ugly stick kayak rod 15-20 lb class used it for the 1st time today and manage to capture a 14lb ling he said the rod performance was excellent and so much fun ( what I've been telling him for months). Things slowed down around dinner time till the tide turned and we were back into them as the drift picked up a little faster. About 1 pm I decided to go back to my faithful red head shad, down it went to the depths 164 ft. Oh bollox plugged so I thought then it started giving and then banging decent fish on all the way up saying to myself please don't come off then I seen it coming up about 25ft down a codling a good un, Got it IMG20220710143929.jpgaboard and the skipper was on it like a rash with the scales 8-9 lb chuffed to bits with myself my biggest cod so far this boat season. I'm after a double this year. The weather was just getting hotter and hotter then a breeze showed up to cool us down a bit we headed back in about half 2. So a good day for all of us ending up with fish to take take home. Roll on next weekend ?.

Last edited:
Well done Stevie! Nice report mate and a lovely Coddie! Well done to your mate on the Ling too - they make great eating! ????

Well done Stevie! Nice report mate and a lovely Coddie! Well done to your mate on the Ling too - they make great eating! ????
I prefer ling to cod and so does he but I'll settle for my cod for the time being. the big ling normally arrive up here late August- September that's when the fun starts?.

I kept the feathers on for about an hour once we got to skinny and managed to get 3 where the feck are they ?

Mostly here in South Devon :ROFLMAO:

I went out on Friday morning for a couple of hours on my boat and had 48 for the bait freezer.

Last Monday I fished the Skerries banks and the bloody Mack were picking up my Plaice baits !

Mostly here in South Devon :ROFLMAO:

I went out on Friday morning for a couple of hours on my boat and had 48 for the bait freezer.

Last Monday I fished the Skerries banks and the bloody Mack were picking up my Plaice baits !
Thought the Mackerel may well be about. Was looking forward to a session with the Lure rod in France. Didn't happen, came unstuck trying to find somewhere open for a meal, and ended up dashing home to cook for ourselves. No problem I thought, I'll get out a couple of times when we return home. Brought bloody Covid back, tides were right last week, but just not well enough.

Brought bloody Covid back, tides were right last week, but just not well enough.

Get well soon Dave,

I had it back in April, the daughter (who is a nurse) kindly gave it to us for our birthdays :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Being immunosuppressed, it took me 17 days to test negative, the wife was clear after 8 days.

Get well soon Dave,

I had it back in April, the daughter (who is a nurse) kindly gave it to us for our birthdays :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Being immunosuppressed, it took me 17 days to test negative, the wife was clear after 8 days.
Thanks Ian. Wifey first tested positive Sunday 10th. A mate who has had it said he was clear after 7 days so Wifey did another test yesterday - still very much positive. I was feeling Ok so didn't bother with a test until Wednesday 13th - big +. I haven't felt too bad apart from the nasty chest Mucus & cough in a chest that was already a bit compromised.

Worst of it was I had managed to get some sense into a new GP just before we went to France, & reception rang to make me an appointment. She had also arranged another review with the hospital chest clinic. All had to be put on hold until we returned, and new appointments have again had to be postponed due to Covid. Looking at the end of the month now.

Back