• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East deaths of Porpoises

DEEP SEA JOHN

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Last winter around this time of year i reported several dolphins washed up dead. with large bite marks! this year several Porpoises have came to the same end. mainly in the northhumberland area. it was put down to orcas or killer wales several have been seen in the area. they are known for hunting the seals in this area but it seems they are changing thier diet
( I WONT BE GOING SWIMMING )
D.S.J. 🦀

Last edited:
The Orca pods known in our waters are primarily fish eaters. Odd for Orcas pods to change how they feed. I wonder if fish are getting harder to find

The Orca pods known in our waters are primarily fish eaters. Odd for Orcas pods to change how they feed. I wonder if fish are getting harder to find
Perhaps they're mistaking porpoises for fish?
I wonder if they can catch tuna? Well, the ones that haven't been caught by people fishing for sharks anyway.

I wonder if they can catch tuna? Well, the ones that haven't been caught by people fishing for sharks anyway.
Not herring and mackerel amongst others which is what they feed on normally

Not herring and mackerel amongst others which is what they feed on normally
Don't know about herring but we know that vast shoals of mackerel have headed north and are being hoovered up by the Icelanders and Scandinavians so maybe it's down to a shortage of their normal food.

I should imagine they know what porpoises are cetaceans seem to acknowledge each other

Don't know about herring but we know that vast shoals of mackerel have headed north and are being hoovered up by the Icelanders and Scandinavians so maybe it's down to a shortage of their normal food.
They follow the mackerel boats anyway, easy food. The north seapod will feed off Norway,

I saw a programme on tv a while ago that a pod of dolphins attacked a shark with their snouts and killed it.

There was news of the lone Orca killing a great white shark recently, report was it only ate the shark liver.
Hope he had some bacon with it :ROFLMAO:

Back