• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Wales DECEMBER BASS x2

VooDooMan 2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Seems like I'm on a bit of roll at the moment and I'm certainly not complaining .

IMG_20201210_131755_4.jpg

IMG_20201210_124609_1.jpg

Both keepers but as it's December they went back .Besides I don't really enjoy eating bass.
Last chance saloon session today with my new novice fishing mate. Quality lug from @crabbiepatties again, thanks Jack , also some frozen blacks and razor . Slightly different approach with two really big worm baits fished on a wessex rig and pennel hooks . Saw a video on You Tube of a bloke fishing the Mersey for codling and I was impressed with his bait presentation so I thought I'd give it a try . Even managed to find my baiting needle to help make them up. Other rod was a single pennel pulley rig baited with razor. Had some problems with the top pennel hook sliding down the line so I'll need to work on that. Started fishing about 1.5 hrs in to the flood and everything was quiet for a good 2 hours then my mate had a half decent flounder . The tide was flooding in and the wind had a fair bit of east in it so I wasn't particularly confident of getting anything let alone the two quality bass that came in quick succession about an hour before HW . 4.5 hours fishing on the beach , moving back and casting about every 15 minutes is about my comfortable limit these days.
Well pleased with my best bass of the year and looking forward to cleaning up my gear tomorrow morning . Plenty of time in the man cave over the holiday period tying rigs etc.
White beads , decent lug worm and just being out there produced the result . And before any one asks ...... It was Cefn Sidan

Nice one. That first fish looks a nice fat laden beast, almost looks like a carp. I must say though it's a strange man who puts fish like that back and keeps his dogs but hey ho it's a strange world
No bass take between 1st Dec - 31st dec 2020.

I agree strange if threw back when you can take them.;);)

Nice one. That first fish looks a nice fat laden beast, almost looks like a carp. I must say though it's a strange man who puts fish like that back and keeps his dogs but hey ho it's a strange world
Under current regulations C&R for all rod caught bass (crazy I know ) . I did offer them to my mate after pointing this out to him and he declined I have some nice black bream fillets in the freezer which I much prefer to bass not to mention loads of dog fish :ROFLMAO:
Regarding the fish , the smaller one gave a much better scrap and I think the fat one was probably pregnant not a lot of fight in her .

Under current regulations C&R for all rod caught bass (crazy I know ) . I did offer them to my mate after pointing this out to him and he declined I have some nice black bream fillets in the freezer which I much prefer to bass not to mention loads of dog fish :ROFLMAO:
Regarding the fish , the smaller one gave a much better scrap and I think the fat one was probably pregnant not a lot of fight in her .
I'm with you on the black bream, Gilts are even better again

I'm with you on the black bream, Gilts are even better again
I had never ate black bream until a couple of years ago, got a chance to go out on a boat and caught a few.
IMO they were to boney and the taste was nothing to compare with bass, but each to there own what they like.

Back