• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Deja vu

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Alright gang.
A moderate SW at this time of year only means one thing..... Worbarrow Bay.....
Unsuccessful in sourcing fresh rag worm on Friday, I left my house yesterday with a couple of tackle shops in my satnav.
Not for the first time, the lads in Christchurch Angling saved the day, and after a quick chat with Toby and co, I was on my way with some prime freshly dug rag worm.
Toby mentioned that there was a match at Worbarrow in the evening, which I found a little annoying at the time, as I am unsociable git, but that sooned turned to joy when I realised I could fish until 11pm instead of 8pm when the car park would usually close, if I wanted to.
I arrived at 9am ish and made the long walk down to the beach, remembering on the way that I had forgotten my lug worm, chair and half of my food... Great...
A couple of texts to Steve and co and I managed to persuade him to meet me down there.
By the time they arrived at 3pm ish, I had caught around 6 good size bream, a wrasse. a few mackerel and a small, small eyed ray.

20220910_125246.jpg

20220910_114958.jpg

20220910_102934.jpg

Eventually, I also managed to wangle out a small cod, which was the icing on the cake.

20220910_151725.jpg

Content with my haul of fish, I decided to leave at 7pm, leaving the lads down there to fish through to 11.
As I left the car park, I was greeted with an incredible sunset.

I spoke to Steve this morning and it was pretty quiet at night, with just a few bream, straps and a single bass to show for their efforts.

So a very similar result to last weekend... A bit of summer, a bit of autumn... Ray, cod and some supper, I can't complain...

Until next time...

20220910_193731.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Dave, great session! Will have to try there one day, keep hearing about it.

What sort of size are the bream down there?

Cheers mate. It's a cracking spot, helped by the fact that no one can be arsed to walk there or get locked in the car park.
Biggest bream was probably not far off 2lb, so not the size of the monsters you get from the rock marks but still a good size.

Cheers mate. It's a cracking spot, helped by the fact that no one can be arsed to walk there or get locked in the car park.
Biggest bream was probably not far off 2lb, so not the size of the monsters you get from the rock marks but still a good size.
I’d be happy with bream that size though. Still not had any any on rock mark trips for them down that way ☹️

The car park lock in would be annoying, we’ve got a few places like that up here.
I suppose if I ever did it, would just have to aim at a daylight sesh.

I’d be happy with bream that size though. Still not had any any on rock mark trips for them down that way ☹️

The car park lock in would be annoying, we’ve got a few places like that up here.
I suppose if I ever did it, would just have to aim at a daylight sesh.
Ye mate does keep some of the knobs away though. Winspit is the place atm. This weekend is looking absolutely prime for a big one :)

Operation catch-up on a few posts I hadn't got to!

Great report & photos Bazzer, sounds like a nice Fishy tea too! Well done matey! ????

Back