• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Do I… don’t I…

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Was the case last night as the weather had been pretty much awful all day whilst I was at work.

Regardless, with the first signs of it clearing up I’d taken a dozen crab 🦀 out of my freezer stash and was packing the car ready for the off!

As I neared the chosen venue conditions had again taken a turn ☹️ Nevertheless, with the crab already thawing I was now going no matter what 😁 it would just mean I’d need to take a jacket.

Setting up was a thread/story of its own 🙄 but in no time at all I had a bait in the water. I lost a rig to weed/snags but the loss on the next cast was purely my own doing, it felt like a REALLY good fish too but we live and learn and in all honesty I should have known better having done this fishing lark for years.

Anyway, once I’d done what I should have earlier I was again back into the fish. A cracking drop back before the rod arched around suggested it was Hound on! 🦈🦈
And after a little tussle it was soon landed. A8BE3364-3254-43C9-9078-ED73166EE4A9.png
A little clip as pics aren’t always the best on your own at night.

Released I was soon back into another 😎8CB1F0B7-61E4-4A04-83D9-27FEFADA315E.png
Both fish nicely hooked in the scissors on a Dongle with a 4/0 Varivas Circle 👌91544A76-C78A-4340-B3E2-29DD2C1F52B1.jpeg
And another release clip 😁

Love fishing for Smoothound on light gear. With over an hour gone into the flood the fish were definitely on the feed, my only problem was the walk back and an early start at work this morning ☹️ It didn’t help when I missed another couple of cracking takes over the next 45min but failed to get the hook set 🤷‍♂️ And with it now past 11:30pm I wouldn’t be back at the car until midnight, reluctantly I called it a night and started packing up.

Not too disappointed with my nights fishing mind even though I was probably leaving at the best time, we now look forward to the next outing 🎣🦈🦈🦈

Cracking report Kev, some nice hounds too. Worth the trip i think...Great pics. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Good write up kevin3110 with all the ups and downs we can relate to well done

Good write up kevin3110 with all the ups and downs we can relate to well done
Cheers mate, there was certainly a few testing moments last night but we live and learn…… even if we should know better too 🙄

Back