• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Dungeness quickie!

Mushty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Managed a stolen hour and half from work this afternoon at Dungeness.
I had the foresight this morning to throw a rod and bit of bait in the van just on the off chance of an early finish!
Bright sunshine, North westerly breeze and a nice bit of colour in the water.
I started fishing at 2pm just over 2 hours into the ebb.
Fish from the off, 7 Dabs and a whiting in all. All keepers but just took 4 deep hooked Dabs.
The beach was littered with dead queenies and the fish spewed some too so not sure what had caused that?

Attachments

• IMG_6464.jpeg
    IMG_6464.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 17
Looks like you had a nice little session their mate, good one.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

I had the foresight this morning to throw a rod and bit of bait in the van just on the off chance of an early finish!
Fish from the off, 7 Dabs and a whiting in all. All keepers but just took 4 deep hooked Dabs.
The beach was littered with dead queenies and the fish spewed some too so not sure what had caused that?
Should be using them as bait when a storm has washed them up, same as razors. Fish gorge on them when there is glut like that

Nice report Mushty, some nice Dabs there. 🎣🎣👍👍

Ask Southern Water, the amount of pollution they dump may be the cause.

Ask Southern Water, the amount of pollution they dump may be the cause.
It does beg the question as there was a lot, I’m sure the shell fish are used to the odd storm by now?
But on the other front there was a lot of fish there , surely a lot of freshwater in the pollution would have pushed the fish out?
Who knows…

Cockles, razorfish, Black lugworms and many other forms sea life have always been washed up along the shoreline of Rye Bay after a series of big storms - of which there have been many over the last few weeks. Southern Water have many sins that can be laid at their door,, but not in this instance.

Cockles, razorfish, Black lugworms and many other forms sea life have always been washed up along the shoreline of Rye Bay after a series of big storms - of which there have been many over the last few weeks. Southern Water have many sins that can be laid at their door,, but not in this instance.
That makes a change Southern water haven't f****d up for once !!

And local anglers will be there to collect all that free bait😉

Back