• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Early morning PB

bananas

Reaction score
Had a go at my Mullet spot for a couple of hours this morning, as usual started with several small bass nicking the bait, I could see lots of Mullet swimming around and most totally ignoring the spinner, even when it went past their noses !
The bang on 45 mins after starting, a fish hit the spinner, the rod slammed over and line screamed off, was a cracking fight with the fish trying to make for a raised pipe that's very close in, several times he tried that trick but managed to get him away from it, finally he got close enough for my mate to net him and a new 3.1lb PB was at my feet.
Weighed, pics, dance and then he was away, bugger all after that, just the odd bite, my mate did a bit better with lots a thick's and GG's, most them was small but he did have a surprise small Gilthead Bream, lucky git:D:D.
So a fun early start all round.
IMG_20220723_070824.jpg

Nice one Bob! Fair size Mullet, that one!

I use a mepps No.3 with a river rag on the hook, other than that a float, size 8 hook and a pinch of fresh bread from a loaf with a couple of bb split shot. I they are feeding on the top I use a floating crust (similar to carp fishing) no weight or float. Sometimes fly fish for them with an imitation grub (maggot). Great sport when you hook one.

I use a mepps No.3 with a river rag on the hook, other than that a float, size 8 hook and a pinch of fresh bread from a loaf with a couple of bb split shot. I they are feeding on the top I use a floating crust (similar to carp fishing) no weight or float. Sometimes fly fish for them with an imitation grub (maggot). Great sport when you hook one.
Blimey thats nearly all methods covered ??.
I really only enjoy spinning for thins, but will go to a float when i need a thicky for the hunt. Tho my mate looked like he was having lots a fun on the float .

I really only enjoy spinning for thins, but will go to a float when i need a thicky for the hunt. Tho my mate looked like he was having lots a fun on the float .
I couldn’t really say why but spinning bores me to tears - if I don’t get a hit in 10 minutes I lose interest.

We’ve got plenty of spinning for thins here when the conditions are right but just endlessly retrieving a spinner across 20 feet of water does my swede in.

Yet I can patiently stand there and watch motionless rod tips for hours, so I realise there’s a bit of a bizarre contradiction there.

I couldn’t really say why but spinning bores me to tears - if I don’t get a hit in 10 minutes I lose interest.

We’ve got plenty of spinning for thins here when the conditions are right but just endlessly retrieving a spinner across 20 feet of water does my swede in.

Yet I can patiently stand there and watch motionless rod tips for hours, so I realise there’s a bit of a bizarre contradiction there.
Lolol, Im really not sure why I like it so much, im not interested in bass lure fishing but flipping a tiny spinner does it for me for some reason :unsure: :unsure: . And its odd i can sit and watch motionless beach rods for hours like you, but if not had a hit when float fishing instantly when trying for Mullet, I wanna snap me rod in 3 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, funny old game this fishing lark:D

You have to be in it to win it ;)(y)

Back