• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Ending on a small high (North Wales)

StaffsAngler

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well well well! After giving up all hope my old boy arrived with mother to have the weekend with us before leaving for home tomorrow, so I thought why not have one more go! After all... mum spent a small fortune on beach gear that he had yet to get wet!

Arriving at our easy access mark we were surprised to be first there but this soon changed when a local lad turned up and pitched up next to me. Great when you hit it off and get all the local tips, and even walk away with a bag of frozen Peeler!! BONUS!

Anyway... you could call it a rock mark of sorts, with immediate kelp beds beneath leading out to sand and kelp reef sporadically dotted out in front! I decided to lead with a cocktail of squid and black lug, heavily banded on and fired out to a nice spot between two kelp reefs! Whilst this was sitting idol I noticed some sand eel beneath me perusing the kelp so I threw on some tiny feathers hoping for some live bait! But no.... I hit into a string of the smallest pollock I think I’ve ever caught! Even so... the net WAS WET!! So to speak! At this moment the penny dropped and I thought, “ if nothing else I’m going to species hunt the life out of this kelp reef!” Using some small baits on my feathers I started to drop them down the rocks and continues to catch a bag full of small pollock, gobeys and one solitary wrass! WINNER!!! small but worth it!

By this time I was having the smallest bite on my big rod, clearly crab! So i thought it was time to get it in and send out a fresh bait! Only to be greeted with a gorgeous Tompot Blenny.
such a colourful little fish, one which I’ve never caught before! This was all the sport I managed but it was enough and I walked away feeling rather accomplished for a change this week and I’m glad I dragged my self out for one last session!

Until next time Wales!

Tight lines gents

Attachments

• F7C92874-B27A-442D-88DF-8F664CB909CF.jpeg
    F7C92874-B27A-442D-88DF-8F664CB909CF.jpeg
    860.7 KB · Views: 13
Great report, and nice Blenny mate. (y)

Ian.

Well done for spotting an opportunity to catch a few fish

Back