• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Ferrybrige again

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So in a fortnight we have our 24 hr rover comp the tides will be roughly the same as yesterday so me and 2 mates headed up there for a recce arfter last weeks slow day I was expecting better things with the bigger tides wind was again 15 mph sw gusting 20 perfect the weed was an issue but managlble the hooks weren’t getting masked like last week and as long you ten as you rebaited every 15 mins it was ok . I was first in with another codling around a 1 lb an a half then later I dropped a huge Mac Defo 1 lb + but got tangled in my other line I managed another one soon after tho one of my mates gave up early pissed off with the weed but I was determined to fish thru as it felt like it whould kick off well it didn’t my other mate managed to lose a decent fish either a bass a hound or the way it went screamed trigger to my but it but thru his hook length so we called it as a dog ?( it wasn’t ?) I had a scad two tiny pout and a worm of a strap in darkness tried everything long snoods short snoods light floro pullys bar rigs pop ups bass rig bait was spot on and you know it’s not good when fresh Mac baits arnt getting touched at dusk me mate added a scad to his pile that was it 9 hrs fishing not a good pay off seriously thinking about doing something different on the comp now but 2 weeks is a long time in fishing and nothing to say it won’t kickoff then I hope so last few chesil trips have been slowww cheers my butes oh just add I nearly lost my Mac as while re casting Burt decided to pick it up and drop it down the steep shingle bank only just saved it from going back in the drink blood y dog ? ??FAEE7730-F5EE-4DC2-83D4-CC8B224D749C.jpegD380E21D-DC06-4035-8DFA-B222716FC11E.jpeg1B2E213D-A441-4E6D-A9FB-BEEEC08C1534.jpeg

Nice report & photos as always Tats! Well done. I've yet to meet this Burt character, but his reputation is well known! :D:D ? ? (y)(y)

Great report a cod again , things have been a bit slow so well done mate , say hello to Burt from me ??
I told Burt you said hi he asked when he’s going to be able to shit mix your dog coco ???
Well done on sticking it out Tat and catching through the weed (y) (y), good ole Burt livening the day up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hope the journey home wasnt to bad as @dodders had.
home within the hr mate no traffic or road works ✊?✊?

I told Burt you said hi he asked when he’s going to be able to shit mix your dog coco ???

home within the hr mate no traffic or road works ✊?✊?
Thats good news about the traffic??. Will have to look out for a calm day over there.
Would love to see coco and burt together on a beach ??? id bring max but he would just wanna eat our fishing rods, stupid dog.

Yep, flat and crystal clear. Was Thursday, not Friday. Caught most 2 hrs to an hour before HW just a 40-50 yd lob.
it was rough but clear on sat takes a lot for ferrybrige to cloud up cause of depth historically I’ve bagged up in same conditions on similar tides in the same mark but no gurnard bream showed tried bassin and for hounds but nothing hopefully in two weeks it will kick off and if it’s calm we are going to chum the shit out of the sea ????

Back