• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Ferrybrige

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Popped up here yesterday bit of a recce for up comeing comp wanted to try a few things out picked up some worm from Westbay teach me not to book it as it was terrible stuff all small and dying my bad ussaly good stuff from there .
I arrived to windy beach and took a decent hike right set up three rods targets where bream and gurnard and first cast a rattling bite indicated the first of my targets reeled into some weight and a decent little scrap and out popped a codling ?wasn’t expecting that but chuffed all the same only a 1 lb so few pics and off he went was expecting it to switch on but nothing for a few hrs apart from a few spider crabs then eventually a decent hit on my pop up resulting in a nice tub few hrs later after a Kip I had a nice red gurnard so happy with that as the tide changed on come the weed loads of it covering the hooks in mins not even the crabs were bothering the wind got up aswell so I knocked it on the head early right at the start of the flood which was annoying but hey ho not great but tiny tides spiders being sn arse and weed being a mare so a very slow start to my ferrybrige adventures but it will start picking up now and I predict a good year for the bream as early signs on the boats look very promising be back up soon hopefully next week on better tides altho I hope this weed buggers off I haven’t had a seeion on chisel this summer without it being a pain cheer ma butes 83CE2079-85CC-437B-BA23-9F43D76452B3.jpeg08823820-18E1-4766-A7C5-C0FB43D1BEF2.jpeg1C672CFB-2D59-4128-B884-C5C143BFFBAB.jpeg1C93C13A-A8A2-4CE2-9A51-F9D4BD27723B.jpeg14319BC4-D2AD-4B39-A0CA-C6CA57EE9C08.jpeg7BF04FEA-3C8A-4A30-A3C7-6BE0FBB61FF6.jpeg

Lovely fish, well done, won’t be long and it will be bream time??

The Samalite League match last month at the Portland End threw up some codling - 10 across 20 odd anglers I think - too, the seasons just appear to be completely screwed.

Cracking session there mate, well done on the new species ??, weird to see it so empty on a Saturday in the summertime.

Lovely fish, well done, won’t be long and it will be bream time??

The Samalite League match last month at the Portland End threw up some codling - 10 across 20 odd anglers I think - too, the seasons just appear to be completely screwed.
Either that or a good sign for the cod season

Good effort fella hopefully next week end and a bit more current it will wake up a bit more. If it starts to will have to make a choice then Chesil or the bc. Bc will prob win on points ?

Great report& photos Bey! Well done on a couple more for your hunt too. ????

Well done mate, few fish for your efforts

I’ve noticing here too, the hot weather has brought on loads of weed growth.
The rock pools are full of it.

It was the same last year during the hot July weather

Last edited:
If there is a period of offshore or very light winds, the weed builds up offshore, more and more with each tide, it only takes a gentle southerly or south westerly and it all comes ashore ?. Chesil has always been like this, a couple of old boys who have fished chesil, beach and boat for more years than they'd admit to, explained this to me years ago, while there were had similar conditions to now. A short period of southerly wind and building tides should push it all up the beach. I think the further east you go the worse it gets as portland causes a sort of backwater eddy, with short periods of tide on springs and more tide on neaps, normally resulting in most of the weed ending up at Ferrybridge stretch into the cove.

Back