• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West First trip in a while

dodders

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Not been out fishing for ages so thought I’d best pull myself together and do something about it!

A chat with another angler last week spurred me into action and made me think about a mark I’ve earmarked for a while. Its not easy to get to so I had a quick recce a few days ago. Despite the half hour jungle warfare to reach it, the morons had still been there as revealed by a scattering of empty discarded feather packets and an abandoned disposable (ie leave it behind ) BBQ. I bagged them up and took them away along with the bin liner that someone had been good enough to leave (beer cans and feather/lure packets) at the top of the cliff.

I wanted a decent small-eyed ray and knew that one or two had been out lately, so I was armed with sandeels and squid. I soon found out that my casting had gone to pot and had a birds-nest to cut free and also lost a couple of rigs to snags. Having arrived at low water it was two hours later before I was fishing properly. The sandy patches were not quite where I had worked out they should be!

untitled-1.JPG

Half way through the flood I caught a couple of dogfish which cheered me up as at least it was something. That was it till darkness when I had a solid bite which then pulled a couple of yards off the ratchet. The fish felt solid and I was thinking this may be a ray until it started pulling back in an eel like way. Still happy and at least it wasn’t a bootlace weighing just over 6lbs.

I finished up with another 3 conger, all between 3-4lbs

Not the most exciting day’s fishing and a lot of effort but it was great to be back out again
Dogfish.JPG
Conger Eel.JPG

Looks a proper mark that well done Dodds ?
Cheers Tat, yeah, great spot when you get there, just need to go through a couple of hundred yards of steep thorny scrub to get there. One of those marks that's hardly fished and makes you think it's got potential for a big fish

Good report & nice photos - well done Dodders! ??

Back