• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Fishing Cardiff Barrage Friday, as l am in the area. Any tips please?

Goateeblank

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Taking a mate from Southampton way to pick up a camper near Newport and then it would be rude not to fish whilst in the area. I want to fish Cardiff Barrage, but may fish the next day as well so anywhere else that you think is worth a try? I have family is Sketty so fishing around Swansea area is good too. Sleeping in my van.

Thanks for any help.

Taking a mate from Southampton way to pick up a camper near Newport and then it would be rude not to fish whilst in the area. I want to fish Cardiff Barrage, but may fish the next day as well so anywhere else that you think is worth a try? I have family is Sketty so fishing around Swansea area is good too. Sleeping in my van.

Thanks for any help.
If your going to sleep in your van the Knab Rock in Mumbles would be ideal as you can park right there. Tide is 7pm Saturday so 2hrs in 2hrs out. Being a Saturday evening there will be a few there. From reports I've seen it's fishing quite well a chance of anything, whiting, dabs, dogs, the odd unicorn or even hound. fish to the left and over sand/mud fish to the right sand close in broken ground at distance. Best bait Lug, Razor, Squid but Mack & Bluey also work. Tight Lines

Thanks @chewitt. Cardiff Barrage. Very wet to start with, then very windy. Had 3 whiting, so that gives me 7 different species of fish so far this year. Also had a decent conger, but between 3 of us, thats me and two locals, we could not get it in the net. It got tangled in the net cord and we got it to the top rail before it broke the snood. The conger had taken a whiting caught on rag and squid. Night in the van and tomorrow is another day. Did not see any other fish caught. 8 or so others fishing.

Thanks @chewitt. Cardiff Barrage. Very wet to start with, then very windy. Had 3 whiting, so that gives me 7 different species of fish so far this year. Also had a decent conger, but between 3 of us, thats me and two locals, we could not get it in the net. It got tangled in the net cord and we got it to the top rail before it broke the snood. The conger had taken a whiting caught on rag and squid. Night in the van and tomorrow is another day. Did not see any other fish caught. 8 or so others fishing.
I had my biggest ever conger on a whiting live bait.

Back