• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Fishing local - Medway

Jimmyfloydreturns

Reaction score
Evening ladies and gentlemen,

Said it before but I’ve gone off driving for 70 minutes to Dungie / Hythe to catch pin whiting so decided to focus local and see if I can catch anything. So this thread is dedicated to the Medway and spots I can walk to!

Today started off by digging some lovely fresh lug:

IMG_5461.jpeg

Anyone that fishes the medway knows crabs are a problem so I made up a three hook flapper with light line, small hooks and pop up beads on two of the snoods. Bottom hook fished the seabed with big baits.

Arrived a few hours before high and fished up to the top of the tide.

First in with fairly large dogfish that remained pleasingly calm during the unhooking:

IMG_5463.jpeg

Went quiet for a while but when the tide picked up I started getting obvious bass bites one of which resulted in this fat little schoolie:

IMG_5468.jpeg

It went quiet again when the tide dropped off but I had plenty of entertainment from the local lambs who were unbothered by my presence.

IMG_5474.jpeg

Final fish of the day was another doggy; smaller than the first but much angrier:

IMG_5477.jpeg

As the sun dropped the bait was getting stripped in minutes and coupled with the temperature dropping I called it a day. Will probably have another go as have plenty of bait left.

IMG_5480.jpeg

Cheers,

Robert

Great report mate. Lovely mixed bag and very nice pics too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Great report & photos Robert! Nice haul of Lugworms too! 🎣🎣👍👍
Did you try shouting "Mint Sauce" at the lambs? 😁😁

Nice pics Robert!
I'm from Chatham originally so enjoyed this.
many years ago I'd fish off of Sun Pier ( not sure if you can any more down on the jeti underneath the pier?)
Gillingham Pier and Hoo Marina.

not been for years now but always remember Hoo being good for Bass because of the warmer water pumping out of Kingsnorth Power station.

Back