• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Flounder Friday

Chrisbl

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With the other half wanting to go to the beach in the glorious weather I slung a couple of rods in the van along with some frozen blacks and a bag of squid. I will say given the destination and the bright sunshine I wasn’t expecting much but didn’t want to waste the opportunity. My optimism wasn’t improved when we arrived with the world and his wife there and the beach looking like a regional final for crufts, neither did I feel more confident when spotting a couple of seals as well. I would now like to impress you with tales of epic battles with monster bass etc but sadly no, however the three hours I spent there were mainly spent catching flounder. Seven of the little beauties were tempted out but they were all just a little bit too small for taking home, all were lip hooked as well which is a rarity. I could now put up seven pictures of flounder but too be honest they all looked like the same fish, but still shocked I managed them given the conditions. Now supping coffee before emptying the van and getting ready for a fresh water session this evening.69C50BD3-C661-4689-81AB-DB1E1E8D8D17.jpeg0313F547-B25E-4879-9C88-55C6E04A0B5D.jpeg

Back