• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Floundering around

Enjoyed reading your report i do enjoy river flounder fishing.
And for lidl specials the line lay on those reels looks really good.
Pete

Enjoyed reading your report i do enjoy river flounder fishing.
And for lidl specials the line lay on those reels looks really good.
Pete
Cheers, ha yes, I thought that when I loaded the spools up on Saturday.
And did nothing special at all except put the reel on a rod butt with one eye, tie the line on the spool then wind on keeping it a bit tight with the line held against the rod.

For the money they really do impress me. If I’d spent £40 each on them I wouldn’t have been too disappointed!

Well done on the flounder! I live on an estuary with very similar mud so know exactly what you mean. Those little harbour rag are a cracking bait but a pain to dig.

How did the flounder taste? I’ve only eaten open sea flounder (which were delicious) but always read estuary fish will be ‘muddy’.

Well done on the flounder! I live on an estuary with very similar mud so know exactly what you mean. Those little harbour rag are a cracking bait but a pain to dig.

How did the flounder taste? I’ve only eaten open sea flounder (which were delicious) but always read estuary fish will be ‘muddy’.
I don’t really eat much fish but the victims I give them to say they are nice ??‍♂️

Back