• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday the 13th catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
After hearing about anglers being swept in the the sea from the coast I decided to play it safe as I was by myself , so I stayed local and had an extremely busy night catching nice chunky pout , reasonable size whiting and bass around and under the pound . I was using 3 rods as I had plenty of room for them , 1 rod had a 2 hook rig and the other 2 had pennel pullys on . I had rag ,lug for the 2 hook rig then I had peeler mackerel and squid for the pulleys . I got all 3 ready to cast at the same time as I was in no rush to start fishing .
The 2 big rigs were the first out and before I could cast the worms out the rig with peeler on smashed over , first fish of the night a bass , then it was an extremely busy night all 3 rods giving me plenty of action , I started at 6.30 and ran out of bait at 10 pm with a bass on my last cast lugworms,C5F7A751-2124-40E4-A1B4-A073AE3F6A0A.jpeg28D66BDD-063A-4430-842E-340AD76F9370.jpegACEEE5EA-4F19-4854-AC97-F935650CBB35.jpeg

Well done jhon nice busy sesh I fished seaton last night had plenty of whiteing no size tho a feisty little bass and a nice little se ray of around 2 lb where were you fishing bud
hi Paul well done on the ray I had big baits out hoping for a thornback but the big pouts and other fish and don’t forget the bloody crabs were getting there first , ps I went in my local estuary. , don’t tell anyone .

Back