• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Frinton 20/4

RaM

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I fished the last bit of the prom(golf club end) at Frinton yesterday the usual two up two down.
There was quite a storng NE wind which roughed the sea up giving ita had a nice chocolate colour, I had seen some pics of some nice codling coming out at Felixstow so I was a littel hopefull when I saw the sea state.
First cast on the rag produced a codling at about 25cm this carried on for the entire session I had twelve with two double shots, all the sameish size..
I also had seven whiting and three dogs on the squid rod, last cast with this rod gave me a good drop back which was a bass which I lost due to weed fowling the top eye..
I drove down to Walton after where there was a weigh in for a match going on they also had codling along with rays, dabs,dabs and a sole.

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 18
I fished the last bit of the prom(golf club end) at Frinton yesterday the usual two up two down.
There was quite a storng NE wind which roughed the sea up giving ita had a nice chocolate colour, I had seen some pics of some nice codling coming out at Felixstow so I was a littel hopefull when I saw the sea state.
First cast on the rag produced a codling at about 25cm this carried on for the entire session I had twelve with two double shots, all the sameish size..
I also had seven whiting and three dogs on the squid rod, last cast with this rod gave me a good drop back which was a bass which I lost due to weed fowling the top eye..
I drove down to Walton after where there was a weigh in for a match going on they also had codling along with rays, dabs,dabs and a sole.
Lovely to see the little fellas!

Nice report RaM! Well done mate - looks like a nice mark. ??(y)(y)

Not far from you Alex, maybe just maybe a ness cod could be on the cards in October, maybe small at about 1.25lb but maybe a sprinking of better ones.
The bigger ones are coming out in Suffolk so Orford would be a good bet at the moment..
If you have FB have a look at the Felixstowe Sea Fishing group..

Back