• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Going to the dark side

ROCK ROVER

Reaction score
Travelling up from Kent in 2wks time
Will be bringing me lure gear
Staying at clackton
I see there is a rock gryone is this worth fishing or any other marks
Also wind direction to fish

Nice report RR, lovely Bass too mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

I've bought a couple of Savage Gear v2 sandeels 14cm/33gm. They are complete so I want to buy some spare tails and I'm not sure of their measurement system. What is the compatible size I need to buy? Thanks.

I've bought a couple of Savage Gear v2 sandeels 14cm/33gm. They are complete so I want to buy some spare tails and I'm not sure of their measurement system. What is the compatible size I need to buy? Thanks.
Not sure Glandy, but I guess the weight is in the Jig head, so 140mm tails should fit.

Jim's in Cornwall have got them listed (if correct) in 5 different colours. £6.95 for 5.

Not sure Glandy, but I guess the weight is in the Jig head, so 140mm tails should fit.

Jim's in Cornwall have got them listed (if correct) in 5 different colours. £6.95 for 5.

Thanks for looking Dave but the overall length of the head and tail is 140mm from nose to end of tail so the tail alone would have to be shorter, say 125mm or 115mm or maybe it doesn't matter. If any one has got a tail for a 14cm sandeel I would be grateful if you would let me know the length please. Thanks.

Thanks for looking Dave but the overall length of the head and tail is 140mm from nose to end of tail so the tail alone would have to be shorter, say 125mm or 115mm or maybe it doesn't matter. If any one has got a tail for a 14cm sandeel I would be grateful if you would let me know the length please. Thanks.
There were a lot of other options on that website - they seem to have quite a good stock of them. Packing for going away so don't have time to look further now.

Dont bother with the sg v2
Get some JJ Minows when there out again
Colors
Yellow/white
And
White
They are far superior to any other Sp out there

Dont bother with the sg v2
Get some JJ Minows when there out again
Colors
Yellow/white
And
White
They are far superior to any other Sp out there
Thanks, but I've already bought SG v2 now after I saw how effective they were. On the boat last Saturday four of us caught 35+ bass , about 50% over 44cm, on white SG Sandeels.

Ah right I thought you were talking shore fishing
As this is the lure section
And yes white is a killer color

Enjoy your break mate.
Thanks Glandy - it will be good to get away but it's going to be a bit of a working holiday as lots of repairs to do on the garden tractors & other gear. Got to put an inner tube in one back wheel of the bigger Garden tractor - been watching Youtubes on that, and those small tyres are bastards to get off. Lot of the Yanks are saying put 4oz of engine oil or ATF in the tyre, and it softens the rubber enough to 'heal' slow punctures. Not keen on that idea!

Just had a look at my V2 sandeels and they are 13cm 31grams.
Does it say what size you need on the box?
This is what I’ve got…
IMG_7238.jpegIMG_7239.jpeg

Back