• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Gorleston to Lowestoft

Ollieollie

Reaction score
Hello all,
Can anybody offer advice on this stretch?? Is the a better area for fishing? Any nuggets of local info

Cheers in advance

I fished at winterton a few years ago with lugworm and the closer I fished to wooden groynes the more fish I caught. Mostly schoolies in summer but there were bigger bass among them as I saw them when I tried lure fishing while balancing on the top of a slippery wooden groyne. I wouldn't overcast tho along there as the end of the groynes are a good ambush point for predators and the groynes hold bait such as small fish, crabs and prawns . There's often sand bars that appear and so you need to look for the quieter pools of deeper water around the breakers. Good luck anyway.

Sorry Ollie, can't help, way away from my Manor, but darn good luck old chap anyway! 🎣🎣👍👍

Good luck wherever you end up. Tight lines. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Having just moved back to the area my knowledge has got rusty, would suggest giving Gorleston Angling Centre a call for more up to date advice now.
I grew up in Lowestoft and fished for many years.
Pakefield - Pakefield Road / Jolly sailors Pub area is now popular, Rays Whiting, Codling, Dabs etc
Lowestoft (South Pier - Ness Point and North Beach- Links Road)
Corton - Tramps Alley and via the village.
Hopton - Beach Road and end of Holiday Camp

Didn't fish Gorleston but similar to Hopton.

All the best tight lines.

I'm from Suffolk but don't get out fishing alot nowadays sadly so can't offer alot of up to date first hand advice. But I do have a couple of mates who go every week and seem to do well fishing the Suffolk beaches (maybe 15-20 miles south of lowestoft). They seem to do very well all year round on rag, varying distances seems to be key, fish can be under the tips one day and max range the next.

When are you hoping to fish the area?

Regarding the question of ' is there a better area for fishing', me personally, I'd say go for a trip to North Wales... Lol.

Also bear in mind that we don't have a huge amount of tackle/bait shops round here so best to see what's about local to where your staying if you plan on bait fishing and buying bait here.

Back