• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Guy Cotten Chinook Smock

Yes I own one, problem with water getting in at the neck, the material is pretty rigid and just seems to funnel the water down your front, bought it thinking it would be the best option when you know it is going to pour down all day, have since went back to berghaus goretex jackets job done 👍

Had an orange and blue one for years. Great in the boat when it turns all waves, wind, rain and spray. It goes over my lighter goretex as a barrier layer. I'm a 52in chest and the xxl is perfectly roomy. Would I want to walk any distance in it? No.I have Musto kit for prolonged foul weather. I occasionally find the long neoprene cuffs a bit of an annoyance until I get them and the garments underneath sitting right but it's a great item for my purposes and it's lasted very well. VFM = a solid 9/10

Personally I find this smock better.
Just as waterproof but a lot more supple.
As ever with "oil skins" it's not breathable but will keep you bone dry in a Monsoon.

I do wear gortex but even that eventually fails in constant monsoon rain, especially if something is touching it, a rucksack for example.

Personally I find this smock better.
Just as waterproof but a lot more supple.
As ever with "oil skins" it's not breathable but will keep you bone dry in a Monsoon.

I do wear gortex but even that eventually fails in constant monsoon rain, especially if something is touching it, a rucksack for example.
Christ, for one brief moment I thought I read you wear "Spandex" Shirl.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Have you tried one on? For reference I'm 5'11, 52/54" chest, 19st and when I bought mine there was a size bigger that drowned me. Mine is labelled 2XL.
Oh and I'm definitely not French

Last edited:
Have you tried one on? For reference I'm 5'11, 52/54" chest, 19st and when I bought mine there was a size bigger that drowned me. Mine is labelled 2XL.
No, nowhere handy to try one on.

I am particularly short for my weight should be about 8'4" really.

Still pondering, nearly hit buy on a century smock.

Exactly my point, you match their [european] metrics

Check out carp fishing stores.

10% off at Gerrys on all the century stock (and everything else I think)
Not often you get a discount on their stuff.

Back