• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Hard work.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
With the fresh westerly winds easing after an all day blow, I headed off to Anglesey again last night in search of small eyed ray and hopefully a bass or two :unsure:.

I arrived at my chosen venue to find that the wind had died off completely, but even though I expected some residual surf, I was shocked by the size of the waves still crashing ashore :oops:.
Surf - March 17th 2022.jpg

The picture doesn't quite do conditions justice, but the roar of the surf was deafening at times.

As it happened though, with the full moon making it almost as bright as day ?, the surf might actually do me a favour and provide some cover for the fish to venture inshore ?.
Moon - March 17th 2022.jpg

Alas my hopes were misplaced, and for the first 2 hours my baits came back completely untouched on every cast :cry:.

Finally though, my efforts were rewarded and the blank was at last beaten, as I landed a small coalie with eyes bigger than it's belly on a sandeel and squid cocktail on pennel 3/0s ?.
Coalie - March 17th 2022.jpg

I hoped this might be the start of some proper action, but it wasn't to be and for the final 3 hours of the session it was a case of "as you were", and my baits remained completely unmolested once again ?.

So that's another week of bait fishing gone and rather than improving, sport is actually going downhill for me :unsure:. It's not all bad though and with a week of settled weather ahead, the lure season is drawing ever closer and I might even be tempted to start my 2022 campaign a week earlier than originally planned ?.

At least you didn't blank mate, great report and piçcys,I don't think the full moon is doing us any favours at all, personally I never fish 3 days either side of a full moon.

What’s happened to the conger quest ?

Have you seen or heard off Tony aka STB on your travels over the last year ?

At least you didn't blank mate, great report and piçcys,I don't think the full moon is doing us any favours at all, personally I never fish 3 days either side of a full moon.
I would rather not fish on a full moon either but sport can still be quite good, if there is sufficient cloud cover.

I always thought the full moon was particularly bad for lure fishing but when I checked mu diary, I was surprised by just how many bass I've caught at that time of the month ?.

What’s happened to the conger quest ?

Have you seen or heard off Tony aka STB on your travels over the last year ?
I've lost my mojo on the conger front this winter :cry:, there's only so much crushing disappointment a man can take ?.

It's almost time to get the lures out again now too, so I may return to that quest next winter :unsure:.

As for Tony, I haven't heard from him for a long time now.

I would rather not fish on a full moon either but sport can still be quite good, if there is sufficient cloud cover.

I always thought the full moon was particularly bad for lure fishing but when I checked mu diary, I was surprised by just how many bass I've caught at that time of the month ?.

I've lost my mojo on the conger front this winter :cry:, there's only so much crushing disappointment a man can take ?.

It's almost time to get the lures out again now too, so I may return to that quest next winter :unsure:.

As for Tony, I haven't heard from him for a long time now. mate who sold the

I contacted his mate who sold the lures off eBay the last time he vanished but his mate has packed in doing it now

May ask Telboy next time I’m up that area to see if he’s still with us as you never know with this lurgy about

I know where he lives so may knock on his door if go up Bull bay I do know that he packed in working at the chicken factory and had started working for his brother in law doing house clearance and removal work I think it was

As for Tony, I haven't heard from him for a long time now.

Well done on getting out Andy but as for losing your mojo with the conger, at least you had a mojo to lose :ROFLMAO:

May ask Telboy next time I’m up that area to see if he’s still with us as you never know with this lurgy about

I know where he lives so may knock on his door if go up Bull bay I do know that he packed in working at the chicken factory and had started working for his brother in law doing house clearance and removal work I think it was

If you find anything out let us know mate. Would be nice to know he's ok (y). Hope you get to go fishing this year Dave and hope you get a lunker :)

Back