• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Hayling island, east stoke beach

Kenny84

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With the temperature climbing to a balmy 4 degrees and a gentle on shore wind I decided to head out for a few hours fishing 1 hour before high until 2 hours after high.

Black lug on a 3 hook clipped and sprat on a bagnal bar.

Nothing even nibbling the sprat throughout but the lug brought on 2 schooly bass a small whiting and 1 sizeable whiting.

Nice to get out and shake the rust off….. mainly on casting with a nice birdie after the 3rd cast 🙄 but got back into the “swing” of it by the end!

Attachments

• DA8D5B0B-B6A1-4A06-B527-B431B0CAE1AB.jpeg
    DA8D5B0B-B6A1-4A06-B527-B431B0CAE1AB.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 18
I fished by the Nab car park yesterday and didn’t even have a nibble on either Rod. Squid and rag baits. Well done On your catch.

I fished by the Nab car park yesterday and didn’t even have a nibble on either Rod. Squid and rag baits. Well done On your catch.
Where is the Nab car park?

At the east end of Hayling beach, opposite Creek Road.
Thanks….. I have only lived 4 miles away all my life and never heard of it 🥺

I’m new to fishing the area so perhaps it has another name to regulars. I’m just going by the name on the car park sign. My research said this was one of the deeper parts of the beach and it’s very convenient with toilets and parking.

I’m new to fishing the area so perhaps it has another name to regulars. I’m just going by the name on the car park sign. My research said this was one of the deeper parts of the beach and it’s very convenient with toilets and parking.
Oh I know that car park then …..I always try and park within casting distance of a loo especially if day fishing

Back