• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Heading to Falmouth

meirion658

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Afternoon all,

Heading to Falmouth area over the summer for a family holiday and be taking some of the fishing gear with me.

As I will have my teenage boy with me I will be looking for areas where I can keep him occupied with some mackrel bashing etc

I fancy some estury fun on light rods chasing Bass or some gulit head bream.

Any advice for the area?

Bait shops etc. Tried Google not a lot comes up

Porthhallow down on the Lizard not too far from Falmouth can be very good for Mackerel, Not sure if they are around at the moment. There are many place on the Fal river like Mylor or Flushing area that will have Bass its a very picturesque place to fish. http://www.newtownangling.com/ Will be able to sort you out bait advise etc.

Porthhallow down on the Lizard not too far from Falmouth can be very good for Mackerel, Not sure if they are around at the moment. There are many place on the Fal river like Mylor or Flushing area that will have Bass its a very picturesque place to fish. http://www.newtownangling.com/ Will be able to sort you out bait advise etc.
Thanks for the advice not down till August so hopefully the mackrel be around for him by then !!

Thanks for the advice not down till August so hopefully the mackrel be around for him by then !!
Porthallow area is a cracking place for Mackerel its a rock mark im guessing there will be others there so you'd soon see where to go, Usually no shortage of them on the bigger tides. Loe Bar next to Porthleven is somewhere to try spinning also Mackerel will be there but every few years you'll hear of a really decent size Bass coming from there. Lots of rock marks around Falmouth for float fishing with the usual Wrasse Pollack Gars etc. Your spoiled for choice down there really.

Back