• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Coast Help finding a venue 🤫

Well you started it..😂😂
2g2dj6.jpg

Which is a sad state to be in on the cod front in an area that was renowned for them. A bit like dungeness I suppose.
The thing with Dungeness is it's steeped in history.

Even in it's heyday it attracted those who expected fish.

The successful were those who gained the requisite skills, much as the same as today.

I'd love to be there on a good tide and productive conditions, which is probably the most difficult aspect, of any good mark, to "arrange".

The fish just haven't been there and certainly not in any numbers on the Solway or NW English coasts Mojo. We live in hope that they will turn up one day🤞

Hello.
One is after some information.
If I was to venture to Scotland (I've put west coast as you have to use a prefix 🙄)instead of Norway for a week's fishing, where would you recommend?
As Jax would be joining me, easy access marks would be preferable and target species would be cod, haddock and coalie.
Thanks
Shirl
Just seen this, will get some info to you over the next couple of days, just back from a bit of cod bothering (again)

Just seen this, will get some info to you over the next couple of days, just back from a bit of cod bothering (again)
Thank you.
Not asking for GPS co ordinates, just a nudge in the right direction for a long weekends fishing. 👍

Hello.
One is after some information.
If I was to venture to Scotland (I've put west coast as you have to use a prefix 🙄)instead of Norway for a week's fishing, where would you recommend?
As Jax would be joining me, easy access marks would be preferable and target species would be cod, haddock and coalie.
Thanks
Shirl
Reading your posts... And your time of year I'd head to the north east.... Arbroath area...loads of different marks...
Depends what you want to do really...
The west coast sea Lochs (etive, Kinlochleven etc.) will throw you spurs and thornies all year round...

Back