• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Help Please

Probably 12mm x 3.6.

Ian.

Thank you very much Ian with my eye sight and an old tape measure i was getting no where, Really appreciated.
I bought a set of digital calipers (Lidl I think) for about £13.00. Very handy for all sorts of things like measuring rod diameters & ring eyes, plus a load of other things. Takes the guesswork out of measuring things for those of us with ageing eyesight! There are some for sale on eBay.

1711272504525.jpeg

I bought a set of digital calipers (Lidl I think) for about £13.00. Very handy for all sorts of things like measuring rod diameters & ring eyes, plus a load of other things. Takes the guesswork out of measuring things for those of us with ageing eyesight! There are some for sale on eBay.

View attachment 61191
I have some similar but from ALDI. Useful to have for all sorts of things - but i’ve found that I have to remove the battery when I finish using it because it will be completely dead the next time I need it.

I have some similar but from ALDI. Useful to have for all sorts of things - but i’ve found that I have to remove the battery when I finish using it because it will be completely dead the next time I need it.
That's not good. Not had a problem with mine, though we do usually have a supply of assorted Button cells for car alarm fobs & similar.

That's not good. Not had a problem with mine, though we do usually have a supply of assorted Button cells for car alarm fobs & similar.
The current ones might be better - i’ve had mine about ten years. A lot of the time I use a manual vernier calliper or a micrometer, but my old micrometers are accurate, but ‘imperial’ so I have to run conversions. I don’t use them enough to buy metric ones.

The current ones might be better - i’ve had mine about ten years. A lot of the time I use a manual vernier calliper or a micrometer, but my old micrometers are accurate, but ‘imperial’ so I have to run conversions. I don’t use them enough to buy metric ones.

Print this off or copy and store on desktop.

1711289721712.jpeg

Hi does anyone know what size tip eye to use as a replacement on a AFAW 6 & Bait please?
One that fits and hot glue it. Sorry couldn't resist ;)

View attachment 61191
Now that is a cracking idea, We have some down the workshop they are soon to go missing.

Good old Veals Mailorder make everything so easy, On closer inspection the top 4 guides had either cracks in the liner or chunks of liner missing so its a total tip rebuild. Im actually looking forward to doing that its been a long time since did something like that. Bloody good excuse to shut myself away in the workshop for a couple of days....Peace and quiet....Priceless.

Now that is a cracking idea, We have some down the workshop they are soon to go missing.
Don't forget to return them the next day. (y)

Just google it for conversions.

Back