• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Herne Bay - 12/11/2020

Action Man

Reaction score
Morning all,

Stayed local last night and fished in my usual spot slightly east of the Kings Hall, Herne Bay.

My target species were the rays, however it was clear from the immediate rattles on the rods that whiting were going to be the order of the evening. I ploughed on for 4 hours and managed 11 tings and one solitary doggie. In the 6 years I have lived in Herne Bay, that is my 5th I have ever caught there, a strangely welcome break from the ting.

The ting were so quick on my hooks that I was started to run out of bluey, so I made use of a couple of fresh ting fillets to help bulk out my baits. I started to leave the tings out for a while in the hope Mr Ray would come along and munch one down, but all that happended was the crabs got a feasting frenzy, and many of the tings I brought in had been completely mutilated on the hooks - what a way to go!

Anyway, that was the order of the evening

Until next time
Alan

Unlucky. Very similar to what I experienced out on the boat Tuesday although there were more dogs.

Great report, well done getting out and catching a few fish, shame no Ray's turned up.

Back