• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hi. Im new in this but very instrest.

Xymon

Reaction score
Hello.
Im Alex from Hungary who live in uk , and i like to ask some question.
I very intrest about sea boat fishing.
And also i not fishing since 20 year almost and i want start that way.
Inf Boat i wanna buy with small motor
2 rod and all equipment.
Like i say im new. But i very intrest as to much stress in new modern life and i want some relax fishing hobby.
Maybe not best to start like this way but if u guys can give me advice like.
What boat i can use (inf...) and motor without license.
What license need for fishing on sea.
And what rod and tools u recommend for absolutely beginner. Dont judge me as im beginner and i wanna start sea boat fish maybe not best start again after 20 year but that what i will like absolutely . And spend quality time with my son .
Thanks for infos.

No licence needed for most UK boats .

Lots of safety gear and advice to be learned though.
Maybe go out on a group charter boat first, to get a feel for the sea and what gear you'll need first .

Welcome to TSF Xymon!

No licence needed for a UK boat, or UK salt water fishing, but I would strongly advise you do a RYA boat handling course or similar and learn about safety before you buy a boat, especially since you say you want to take your Son out fishing with you. Link to the RYA courses below:

Like @had1lost2 mentioned, it would be a good idea to do a few charter boat trips with your son first. Also if you do intend to buy your own boat, where you are going to keep it is important.

A SIB (small inflatable boat) can take up little room in a garage and be transported in the boot of a car to the shore before being inflated, but if you are after something with a rigid hull, then it will need a trailer as well as storage space. One of the local Lads on Youtube upgraded his SIB to a 3.9m Excel Volaire earlier in the year, and there is some info in his review:

They don't say BOAT means "Bung On Another Thousand" without good reason. By the time you have bought the Boat, the engine, the trailer, and all of the sensible safety equipment (such as Marine radio, Lifejackets, Flare kit, Anchor etc.), you're talking a large amount of money.

Rods & Reels are secondary in terms of cost, and a basic 7ft lightweight boat rod & reel won't cost a fortune, especially if you keep an eye out on places like your local Gumtree or eBay for some quality 2nd hand bargains. Good luck! ??

Whatever you buy make sure you can store it out of water. If space permits a 16-18ft dory is a good starting point.

A boat in the water constantly is expensive to maintain.A trailer sailor is definitely cheaper

Hello.
Im Alex from Hungary who live in uk , and i like to ask some question.
I very intrest about sea boat fishing.
And also i not fishing since 20 year almost and i want start that way.
Inf Boat i wanna buy with small motor
2 rod and all equipment.
Like i say im new. But i very intrest as to much stress in new modern life and i want some relax fishing hobby.
Maybe not best to start like this way but if u guys can give me advice like.
What boat i can use (inf...) and motor without license.
What license need for fishing on sea.
And what rod and tools u recommend for absolutely beginner. Dont judge me as im beginner and i wanna start sea boat fish maybe not best start again after 20 year but that what i will like absolutely . And spend quality time with my son .
Thanks for infos.
Welcome (y)

Back