• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Holland on sea 15/09

concrete

Reaction score
@Shirleycodlin ’s request here is my report.

I fished the Walton Sea Angling Club’s evening match at Kingscliffe with my mate Lee (chattyman).

It’s the first time I’ve fished one of year and I joined the club at the same time as paying my entry fee.

We fished 7-10pm and there was very little wind and had barely any rain.

Fishing was hectic, especially for the whiting bashers, but I stuck with big baits in a DVice type thingy and ended up with nine fish, three of which were rays, plus a dogfish and the rest whiting.

I finished third overall, which I was very happy about, as there’s some good anglers in that club. The guy who was fourth had three times as many fish as me, but was a few ounces behind. I’m glad I stuck to big baits, I’m not much of a speed fisherman.

Sorry, no photos, I’ll try to remember to take some next time.

@Shirleycodlin ’s request here is my report.

I fished the Walton Sea Angling Club’s evening match at Kingscliffe with my mate Lee (chattyman).

It’s the first time I’ve fished one of year and I joined the club at the same time as paying my entry fee.

We fished 7-10pm and there was very little wind and had barely any rain.

Fishing was hectic, especially for the whiting bashers, but I stuck with big baits in a DVice type thingy and ended up with nine fish, three of which were rays, plus a dogfish and the rest whiting.

I finished third overall, which I was very happy about, as there’s some good anglers in that club. The guy who was fourth had three times as many fish as me, but was a few ounces behind. I’m glad I stuck to big baits, I’m not much of a speed fisherman.

Sorry, no photos, I’ll try to remember to take some next time.
Good effort and result.

I've never match fished. I find it stressful enough fishing with good mates and pretending we're not competing!

Thank you @concrete
Well done on sticking to the big fish approach. It takes a lot of will power to do so when all around you are constantly catching.

I’ve been down the serious match fishing route and had some good results. I’ve reached an age and attitude where I don’t give a toss whether I win or not. I fish for the fun of it and if I get lucky and pick up, then even better. I watch the serious guys running around and it’s really not for me anymore.

Nice result mate always good to get a decent Finnish win any cash ????

Back