• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Holland on sea

hughes66

Reaction score
28/1/22

Me and Dave went after dabs and rays
i fished 2 rods 1 3 hook flapper n 1 pulley 2nd cast on flapper got 2whiting then a dab on pulley then 2 more dabs then just whiting ,Nothing taking ray baits so for the last hour or so i changed it for an urfe rig and it paid off got 2 more dabs finished with 5 dabs 15 whiting and 1 bass.
Dave had a bit of a nightmare birdies and crackoffs he started with 3 rods but ended with one and i think he had about 5 whiting
packed up just after midnight .

Thank you for the report.
Well done on the dabs. Were any of decent size or were they all palm size?
The rays don’t seem to have shown up for a few weeks but up the coast they seem to be catching quite a few. It never quite makes sense. ???

Thanks fellas this time of year we would expect to catch them quite easily but they do seem a bit thin on the ground for some reason ,Dec/Jan/Feb we would expect to catch them and tings if nothing else.
mind you i think your areas chuck up plenty of species we dont see.

I’d usually expect a few dabs this time of year, especially with the calm conditions we’ve had recently here, but I’ve only had one this winter. Scores of whiting and the odd dogfish knocking about. The dabs may be there, but getting past the tiny sea rats is the issue I think.

Nice report Hughsie! Well done mate! ????

Back