• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Hordle small stuff

Bothrops

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Decided to dust the beach rods out last night after a long absence ( I mainly lure fish for bass and fly fish in the rivers for chub, dace, roach etc). Two rods each loaded with rag on one hook and bluey on the other, hoping for perhaps a ray or bass. Very calm sea and very quiet initially but finally hooked a smallish bass on the rag, probably about half a pound, missed a few more obvious looking bass takes and then landed another couple of tiny ones. As it got dark another typical big tug on one of the rods suggested another bass but it turned out to be a decent size pouting and then as I was close to packing in I had small, and I mean small, smoothound followed by an even smaller conger. Throughout the session my bluey bait remained untouched and all fish took the rag. Still not a blank and an unexpected variety of tiddlers , I may even get the beach gear out again!

Well done on your return using the big rods, nice selection of fish you had out even if some was small??

Few bites always welcome . Few species too.

Nice report mate and welcome along keep they reports comeing ma Bute ???

Nice report Bothrops, and welcome to the Madhouse! ??(y)(y)

I’ll refer to them as I wish thanks
Good for you mate. I for one appreciate the effort you as a new member have made to report. Keep them coming, especially as we are in the same area. Picture attached is Landlocked Northants.

Attachments

• 20220819_191523.jpg
    20220819_191523.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3
Back